Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Blog Ever

So I have fianlly given in and decided to get start a blog.  Seems silly but I do have a dream of someday having a blog for new moms.  I figured I would start with just blogging about everything going on in my life (i.e. wedding planning, mommyhood, weightloss, etc)

First off Avalynn will be 7 months tomorrow!  It seriouslly seems like I brought her home two weeks ago.  She is the most amazing thing in my entire life.  I love watching her grow and learn.  She says, Dada now and makes all kinds of other noises and babbling.  In some ways I cannot wait for her to get bigger and start really talking but in other ways I wish that I could slow time down so she grows slower.  As I am typing this she is sitting on the floor playing with an old Play Station 2 controller babbling away and I am loving every minute of it.

Today I weighed in at 158 lbs.  That is 22 lbs of pregnancy weightloss.  I was 180 when I went in to have Avalynn.  How is even possible that I gained 50 lbs while I was pregnant.  Today is Day 2 of pregnancy weightloss.  My goal is 135 (only 23 pounds to go).  I must say that recently I have gained a whole new respect for people who have a hard time for losing weight.  Before pregnancy I never had a problem with weight gain and when I felt like I weighed too much I was able to get a few pounds off with no problem at all.  After Ava was born I expected that to be the same, I would have the baby and within a couple weeks I would be back to my normal thin self.  God must have been laughing histerically because I haven't been able to drop any weight other than the initial 20 lbs that I dropped right after Ava came out. 

So here is what I am going to do about it...I have started the insanity workouts.  I finished day two of Insanity, the reviews are amazing.  I am putting everything I have into these workouts.  Today was Plyometric Cardio Circut.  I took way more water breaks and could barely make it through each move but I did every one of them.

My plan is to wiegh myself every Monday morning and redo my measurments every other week.  I will be listing them on here every time I take them to document my progress.  My goal is to look good not to actually lose numbers (though that is a plus!)

First Inches (Day 2 on Insanity)
Thigh: 25 inches
Calf: 16 inches
Butt: 42 inches
Hips: 38 inches
Natural Waist: 32 inches
Bicep:11.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment